UPDATES COMING SOON
Here you can find a PDF of my résumé.
JOURNALISM AND COMMUNICATION EXPERIENCE
Social Responsibility Intern, Portland Trail Blazers
Portland, Oregon, Sept. 2014-July 2015
- Utilize Givingtrax to monitor and fulfill donation requests.
- Manage 5050 raffle booth and non-profit volunteers.
- Brainstorm event ideas that support the Trail Blazers foundation live, learn and play initiative.
- Returned to assist with game day activities including the 5050 raffle and the newly added game day auctions for the 2015-16 season.
Assistant to Scholastic Journalism Coordinator, University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication
Portland, Oregon, June 2014-Nov. 2014
- Created graphic designs for event materials using InDesign.
- Wrote press releases and statements for immediate release.
- Recruited students for the University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communication.
Journalism Jumpstart Coach, Northwest Scholastic Press Association
Portland, Oregon, June 2014-July 2014
- Assisted with teaching Journalism Jumpstart high school students fundamentals of Journalism writing
- Graded Journalism Jumpstart papers
- Assisted with planning of Journalism Jumpstart lessons
- Wrote media materials for Journalism Jumpstart
Public Relations Director, University of Oregon chapter of the National Association of Black Journalists
Eugene, Oregon, July 2013-Sept. 2014
- Customized chapter by-laws with other executive staff.
- Encouraged members to attend meetings, resulting in a gain of at least six new members.
- Acted as chair for workshop committee and outreach committee.
- Organized and head staff meetings and general member meetings.
Program Coordinator, University of Oregon Black Student Union
Eugene, Oregon, May 2013-June 2014
- Organized and supervised all events and event planning meetings.
- Confirmed details for all events and relay information to rest of staff and members.
- Increased event attendance by creating fliers and other marketing material.
- Promoted from intern January 2013-May 2013.
Event Coordinator Intern, Center for the Study of Women in Society
Eugene, Oregon, May 2013-Nov. 2013
- Wrote and revised all biography information for guest speakers.
- Created event packages for speakers and guests.
- Finalized event program.
- Scheduled meeting rooms for weekly staff meetings.
Public Relations Representative, Ethos Magazine
Eugene, Oregon, May 2013-September 2013
- Created social media content, resulting in an increase in department awareness.
- Increased tabling activity by creating games and interactive activities.
Assistant Program Coordinator, Duck TV
Eugene, Oregon, December 2011- March 2012
- Scheduled and confirmed filming locations, while Allen Hall was under construction.
- Communicated with leaders of different episodes, regrading filming time and location, as well as props and equipment.
Student Manager, University of Oregon Card Office
Eugene, Oregon, September 2012-June 2014
- Increased department awareness by creating social media content.
- Managed patrons’ campus cash account and university I.D. card activity.
- Resolved campus cash and proximity card issues for different patrons.
- Managed and promote department contest and events.
Lead Cashier, Adidas
Portland, Oregon, July 2007-July 2011
- Greeted customers as they entered the store.
- Maintained above average daily sales, regularly exceeding my sales goal.
- Maintained clean “cash wrap” area, merchandising new items into cash register displays.
- Trained incoming cash register employees.
- Bachelor of Arts, Journalism and Communication (public relations), June 2014
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google +)
- Microsoft Office